Protein Oatmeal ( SO Easy and SO yummy! )

I get a lot of emails and questions regarding "eating".
It gets me all giddy inside ( I'm such a nerd! ) because I am a HUGE nutrition believer!
I have read, studied, and experimented over the years and come up with a pretty solid eating plan for my own body.
I am a huge believer in the 80/20 rule for "dieting" ( so basically in a nut shell it's eating strict 80% of the time and splurging the other 20% :) So most of my food choices are obviously healthy but trust me, I do have a list of foods that are definitely my "splurge" foods!
Of course, every body is different and every one has different tastes in food. But over time I'm going to share most recipes I use, daily food intake and hopefully give some good ideas for snacks and the "do's and don't's" in the kitchen :)

Today I'm going to share my favorite quick and easy protein oatmeal.
I have a few things I eat for breakfast that I switch off between.
( If you are reading this and are a "breakfast skipper" --
PLEASE DON'T SKIP that meal any more!!
One of the worst things you can do for your body is to skip breakfast! )

I have to confess that I used to eat cereal for breakfast almost every day...
I was always hungry an hour later and it never left me feeling satisfied.
Ever since I started having oatmeal every morning - I am SO much more satisfied and it fills me up!
Plus it keeps you regular and fuels your body! You want energy during your workouts!? - try eating oatmeal for breakfast!

Now, I don't remember the last time I had cereal for breakfast! I'm so converted to oatmeal!

Aaron and I eat this pretty much every day and I seriously look forward to my breakfast because it's so good! A good friend showed us how to do this and we have never gone back to our old "brown sugar in the oatmeal" ways! It's tastes WAY sweeter this way and tastes almost like cake batter to me!?

It's seriously the best guys!

Protein Oatmeal

1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup water

Mix and cook on high in microwave for 1 - 1.5 minutes.

Then add 1 scoop Vanilla Whey protein ( start with about 3/4 scoop and add up to a full scoop depending on the sweetness you like! I like it pretty sweet haha! )

Mix and enjoy!!

Easiest recipe ever right!? If you like it more creamy and not as thick, I will occasionally add a little almond milk but sometimes it doesn't need it!

Oatmeal NUTRITION FACTS: ( without fruit )
290 Calories  / 29g carbs / 35g protein / 4g fat

I have realized that some Whey protein's are sweeter than others.
I would recommend this kind! ^^
It's definitely our favorite and tastes better than others ( in my opinion )!
And of course, Any type of quick oats will work! ^^

Monday's are either the hardest day of the week, ( just coming off the weekend and bummed it's over and the laundry is piled high ) or the most motivating day of the week - I can't quite decide what kind of "Monday" today is yet HA!
Hope this Monday is a motivating one for most of you today! XO

P.S. This blog is in the process of a pretty big makeover and I'm so excited about it!
Stay tuned and follow along HERE for all blog updates! Thanks for all the support!

Karina Marie Powell


  1. I eat this every morning too! It's what gets me out of bed haha. I've been using chocolate protein and it's soooo good!

  2. I make something similar but just use honey instead :)